- Fertilizer analysis: 21-0-3
- Use in the spring or fall
- Kills weeds down to the root
- Feeds lawns for up to 3 months
- Controls 250+ broadleaf weeds
- 45 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft. Coverage
Jonathan Green’s Weed & Feed Lawn Fertilizer is a premium grade herbicide and lawn fertilizer combination which controls weeds while feeding the lawn. Weed & Feed is designed to promote lush green growth in lawns and control over 250 broadleaf weeds including dandelions, chickweed, clover, wild onions, thistle, and poison ivy.
When to Apply:
- Apply when dandelions, clover and other broadleaf weeds first appear in spring, summer or early fall. Do not apply when temperatures are over 85° Fahrenheit.
- Spread in the morning while there’s still dew on the lawn, or after a light rain shower.
- Only apply to lawns that have not been mowed for at least 48 hours. The particles need to cling to the leaves of the weeds for the herbicide to work.
- Do not apply when seeding or under newly laid sod.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check to make sure the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings Section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Do not reseed the lawn for at least 2 weeks after application.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess fertilizer granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Do not mow the lawn for at least 72 hours after application to allow the weed control time to be absorbed.
- Start irrigating the lawn 72 hours after application.