- Fertilizer analysis: 10-0-1
- 100% organic, complex lawn fertilizer
- Packed with excellent turf nutrients that gently feeds for 8 - 10 weeks
- Contains iron for deep greening, great for establishing new seedlings
- Children and pet friendly - can use immediately after spreading
- 17 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
Jonathan Green’s Organic Lawn Food is a complex, entirely organic lawn fertilizer that promotes the growth of healthy grass. The homogenous, easy-to-spread granules contain food-grade organics such as feather meal, soybean meal, and blood meal. Organic Lawn Food has no undesirable manures or sludge-based fertilizers unlike many other organic fertilizer products. It can be used on both established and newly seeded or sodded lawns in the spring, summer or fall.
The organic approach to lawn care requires some patience. The soil microbes need time to break down the fertilizer nutrients so they can be absorbed by the grass roots. However, organic feeding definitely has its perks. For example, due to the absence of fast-release synthetic ingredients, this fertilizer won’t burn the grass and children and pets may use the lawn immediately after Organic Lawn Food has been applied.
When to Apply:
- Best time to apply is spring, summer or fall depending on region.
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.